When talking about comfort food, you have to include taco soup. It is ideal for cheering spirits and perfect when it is snowing outside. It makes a perfect hot bowl of soup when you’re indoors on vacation. This soup is a meal in its own right. It’s fun to make and great to have. What keeps you from trying this simple taco soup recipe? It really is a simple recipe made with readily available ingredients. Your family will want more.
This recipe is a proven recipe. You can just follow it to get delicious taco soup for your family. You can prepare it in a Dutch oven, a slow cooker or even a pot. It is best to do this in a casserole dish, because the heat distribution is even. The cooking is slow and the soup is good. Try it and you will treasure this recipe.
If you have picky eaters around the house who don’t eat healthy foods, you have to try it for them. This soup is healthy and delicious. Your kids will be craving more and you will be happy to see them eat such a healthy meal. The best part about it is that this soup is as easy to make as it is delicious to taste.
First you need to get all the necessary ingredients to make this soup. These ingredients are readily available and it will not be difficult for you to obtain them. You will need the following items.
Red beans (drained) – you can
Ground beef – 1-1 1/2 lb
Black beans (drained) – one can
Onion (chopped) – 1 small
Whole corn kernels (drained) – one can
Taco seasoning mix – 1 pouch
Tomato sauce – we can
Crushed tomatoes – we can
Diced tomatoes – you can
Chopped green onion
To cook this delicious hearty taco soup recipe, you need to follow these steps.
1) In a pot or casserole dish, you must first cook the beef. Cook the beef with the onion, pepper and salt. The beef should brown all over. In case you need a hotter soup, you can even add cayenne pepper.
2) Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomato sauce. Mix very well.
3) Cook for about 2 hours on low heat. If you are cooking in a slow cooker, it will take 4-6 hours.
4) When cooked, serve with chopped green onions, sour cream, tortilla chips and cheddar cheese.
5) You can even use grated chicken breasts instead of beef if you want.
If you serve this soup to visitors, they will ask you for this taco soup recipe. This soup stimulates the taste buds and is delicious. Anyone who has it will truly appreciate this delicious hot soup. Therefore, whether you are making the soup for your guests or for your family, many compliments are sure to come. Since it is easy and inexpensive to make this soap, you can try the recipe as many times as possible.